Crochet jellyfish



Inspired by these incredible ceramic versions, I've been playing around with making crochet jellyfish.

I wanted to do some IFF style "hyperspace" crenelation for the wavy "oral arms" hanging from the bell - but couldn't get them small enough. Instead I had to use a spiral knot I learned during my embroidery-floss-bracelet making days circa 2nd grade. The ends are sealed with a touch of clear nail polish to prevent unraveling.

I'm also pumped about these wearable tyvek specimen tags. This particular stuff came from an envelope I got in the mail - I painted it with acrylic and marked with a Pigma Micron. The tags are surprisingly durable...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do you are a member f the IFF?

I like your work very much and today I found the site of the Institute for figuring in internet an I am just wondering if you have connection to them ))