Side by Side


I found a wonderful surprise in my mailbox yesterday: Tsia Carson's Side by Side: 20 Collaborative Projects for Crafting with Your Kids. Tsia is a head editor of the beautiful Supernaturale.com, to which I contributed an article about sculptural crochet several years ago. Following that, Tsia invited me to submit to a book of paired craft projects that parents and children could work on together. I submitted a couple of necklaces: a frond of crocheted seaweed for adults, and a keepsake necklace with a precious object (coin, shell, etc) held in a fabric casing that kids can make.

The finished book is absolutely beautiful, with great photography and styling. Probably my favorite project is the child-drawn stuffed monster - with instructions for converting a kid's drawing into a plushie. It makes me wish I had some kids' drawings to work off of! I also love the instructions for indoor succulent gardens and GIANT newspaper snowflakes.

Congratulations on a gorgeous book, Tsia!

Comments

sidhi said…

Thank you so much! That did the trick, you saved me more endless hours of searching for a fix.



Leading Web Design Company in San francisco